10 Reasons to Eat Dairy-Free Cheese
A Natural Health and Wellness Essay.
Recently, (2014) I joined the board of the Global Conservation Group (GCG), an organization that encourages a vegan lifestyle, that is to say meat and dairy free. You can find them on Facebook at GCG3000. You can listen to founder of the Global Conservation Group on the Creating Calm Network
I also recently applied for a job doing social media for Go Veggie Foods, which makes a vegan cheese, that is a cheese made without dairy.
One of my favorite restaurants, Cafe Gratitude in the San Francisco Bay area had the most delicious raw vegan foods. The “pizza” made from seeds and vegetables was topped with a creamy cheese made with cashews. They also made a Key Lime Pie with cashew milk instead of cream and avocado to thicken the mouth watering tangy filling. They used limes, of course, and made the crust from chopped dates and macadamia nuts.
So I started to think about cheese and all the reasons why eat dairy-free cheese.
Dairy-Free Cheese can:
10. Be used to make tasty vegan meals
9. Be less attractive to mice
8. Be made with no baby calves left over
7. Present environmentally positive encouragement of plant and tree growth
6. Be served with a kosher meat meal
5. Be eaten with no dairy or gluten allergens
4. Provide easy to digest proteins
3. Make available “good fats” that are vegetable, nuts and seeds based
2. Allow for healthy lifestyle choices
1. Offer delicious snack options
Originally published at https://www.linkedin.com on September 29, 2014.